Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, February 14, 2011

My Garden

So excited! Saw two robins yesterday and I have access to this beautiful south facing window at my "sleeping  around job" so I have started a huge garden! Someday, I'm going to have greenhouse attached to my house, but this year I am blessed with this wonderful window! Hopefully, it won't get too spindly before we can transplant stuff into the gardens. I have all kinds of lettuces, spinach, swiss chard, kale, kohlrabi,  several types of tomatoes, lots of herbs, some luffa gourd ... probably a bunch I'm forgetting! I probably have to much, but that's OK. My elderly client is very impressed with this project and I am planning to plant a few of them around his house this summer. Good therapy for an old farmer!



For the most part, I have used egg cartons for the plants I hope to be able to transplant within a month. The red plastic cups have tomatoes and luffas that I won't put out until later. I also have a few tubs planted with kohlrabi. Grampa Tom has planted it really close together in our raised beds and then transplanted the ones he thins out with a lot of success, so I didn't bother to make separate containers for them. I have a sunlamp that I am using to extend the daylight hours. Hopefully, this will be a success! 

What are you doing to prepare for spring? 

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue


No comments: