Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Thursday, July 4, 2013

Home Grown Bug Spray

Wanted to post this earlier in the week, but my internet provider was having problems. I could barely get on the internet and I couldn't upload pictures. Glad they finally seem to have things fixed! Being stranded in the real world is OK, but I miss all of you!

I make my own bug spray. Like most everything else I do, it's not an exact science.




I use a two gallon bucket and line the bottom with onion and garlic tops. Then I throw in a couple of handfuls of hot peppers.



I fill the bucket almost full with water and then add a couple of tablespoons of dish soap.



After a few of days, I strain it through several layers of cloth (a folded up old pillow case does the job) and VOLIA! ~ bug spray! I try to use this after we've picked on Friday for the weekend markets and then on Monday.


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue


No comments: