Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Thursday, September 18, 2014

Signs Done and Out!





They are done!  But not without peril to life and limb :( Yesterday, Grampa Tom had to go to Carthage. I really wanted to get these signs done and I was afraid he'd get home just in time to take off again, so I decided to try to get them down myself.

This is where they were:


Up above that door in the rafters of the garage.

And this is what was below, 'cept for a whole lot more junk. I had to move a bunch just to get the ladder in.


I got a couple of the smaller signs down with great difficulty and then decided I probably ought to tackle it from the other direction. As I took a step down, the ladder slipped out from underneath me. I grabbed the rafters and found myself hanging there yelling "Help!" Then it occurred to me that the only other people on the property were deaf and probably inside.

That wasn't going to work. I thought about just letting go, but the ladder was underneath me and there was no way I could do that without risking impaling myself on the various pieces of junk and metal surrounding it.




My life flashed before my eyes. At least the long forgotten parts about how bad I was at monkey bars 45 years ago.



A word fell out of my mouth that shouldn't have. Instantly I was convicted.


Once, years ago, I found myself driving a truck that was spinning out of control on the ice. Same thing happened. I thought to myself, "Now that was pretty stupid!" and decided to yell "Jesus" instead. The truck stopped instantly.


So, as I hung there, I basically had two choices. Hold on til Grampa Tom got home, or do something. I prayed, "Holy Spirit, help me!" and decided to let go with one hand and try to swing over to the sink. Don't know how, but I made it.

Needless to say, I waited till Grampa Tom got home to get the rest.

Fear and impatience will make you do stupid things, but yesterday, God was merciful to me :) And by the time you read this, the signs ought to be from the highway to here so a few more people can find us!

God Bless You All!
~Grama Sue



No comments: