Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, June 17, 2013

Hearts-n-Tummies

 If you've been by our stand at the farmer's markets in the last week you may have noticed a new addition to our table, cookbooks! We've already sold 3!


Did you know there is a publishing company in Weaver, IA? Neither did I! When I think of publishing company, I think of New York City or Phoenix, Arizona, not little itty, bitty Weaver, IA! But it's there, I've been there and we are now carrying Hearts-n-Tummies cookbooks. For this aspiring author, it's exciting to be working with a local publisher. 

So how did we hook up? Last winter, Bruce Carson, the owner of Hearts-n-Tummies called me wondering if I'd be interested in carrying his cookbooks at our farm stand. I told him I was interested, but at the time we were leaving on a trip or something and I'd have to get back  with him. I forgot all about it until a few weeks ago when I was brain picking a fellow vendor who writes and sells her own children's books about self-publishing. She suggested I get in contact with Bruce.  As she described what he does, I realized he was the one who called so I called and set up an appointment to kill two birds with one stone. 

Bruce is an awesome guy. We talked about the books I am writing and the publishing process. He offered to mentor me and I offered to carry his cookbooks! What a deal! We even talked about the possibility of me writing a cookbook about using pasture raised eggs!

I'll plan to do some short reviews of some of his cookbooks. There are tons of them, I don't know if I'd ever have time to do them all! So be looking for cook book posts!


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue


No comments: