Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Valentine Find!

GRAMA’S TREASURES!

A neighbor brought me a whole bunch of unused children’s Valentine cards! Stock up for next year! You can’t beat the price! 5 cents for a box!



THE FARMER’S MARKET

We’ve been having so much fun!
We are now selling at:
Carthage Mondays 2:30-5:30, on the Square
Burlington Thursdays normally 5-8pm on the river, but this week 11-2 on Jefferson street
Nauvoo Fridays 3:30-5:30 at the Winery
Keokuk Saturdays 6:30 am - 11am at the mall (if we have anything left)
We are also considering going to Hamilton on Wednesdays, but right now we are selling out. What a wonderful problem to have! How to produce more :)

E-BAY

Well, I managed to sell my black ink cartridge. Right now I’ve got a yellow cartridge for my old Epson printer. I have been doing some crafts so one of these days I think I’m gonna try to get my Etsy site up and running. Time, time, time!

ON THE CRAFT TABLE

My rug is really looking good! It’s not anywhere near perfect, but I have to start somewhere! I’m really enjoying doing this. At one time my hands were so crippled that I couldn’t hold a needle! I was wearing splints on both hands and was seriously considering carpal tunnel surgery when I found this web site

http://www.doctoryourself.com/handson.html

It describes a little exercise that has almost totally reversed the problem!




THE GARDEN

We are currently harvesting onions and lettus. The radishes and spinach are about done, but we have new potatoes coming on. We should have a few in the next week or so. All the beds are planted. We put in a bed of ever bearing strawberries in the hopes that we will have strawberries in the late summer/early fall. We were also given a few thornless blackberry plants so we should have some of those next year!

We’ve got some of the supports up on our raised beds. I’m anxious to see how they’ll work. If you come, be sure to ask to see our raised bed gardens. Everyone who‘s seen them so far has been impressed!





GRAMA’S WISDOM
(tips, recipes and ideas for saving money)

The other day, I served a “creation”. These are always a gamble since Grampa Tom is such a picky eater, but he really loved it! I cut some pork loin into strips and stir-fried it along with some green onions, broccoli and mushrooms. Then I added a little Woshestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. I thickened it with some cream of celery soup and then boiled up some of my egg noodles to add to the sauce. Yummy!

God Bless You All! ~Grama Sue

No comments: