Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, February 6, 2012

Plastic Bottle Greenhouse Start

Here's the start of my plastic bottle greenhouse. It will take me forever to gather enough plastic bottles to make a whole greenhouse, so, I decided to start by making  panels. That way I can lean them against the house or against each other to make cold frames until I can actually build a whole green house.


These are 1 liter bottles. I plan to pass a piece of bailing wire through each stack and wire it to fence stays on each end. the stays are 42 inches long so I'm trying to make the panels 42 x 42. It will take 14 stacks of 7 to make one panel. That's 98 bottles. If I tried to do this with only my bottles, I might never get enough. However, I'll bet lots of people will bring me bottles once I show people what I'm doing at the markets. Hope I have enough for a whole panel by then. I need 50 more. That's almost a whole bottle of club soda a day. Hmmm ... well maybe I can do it. I do like club soda. Plain or with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. I blame my old boss Karen Prewitt. She taught me to drink it.

~God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: