Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Sunday, February 5, 2012

Spring Prep Expansion

So today I got another hoop covered. I took the soil temp before I covered it - 45 degrees. I was so tempted just to plant it too, but the temps are supposed to dip near the end of the week and I'm not sure if my covers will keep the soil temp up enough to germinate things. I took a peek at the one I planted last week, but I didn't see anything yet. Doesn't mean there's nothing there. It's not likely that anything is peeking out of the ground this early anyway and they still have to push up through my leaf mulch layer too. I'll check it next weekend, along with the soil temp in the mound I covered today. 


I also brought over another table for my south window garden. That expands my plant starting space by about a third. I took one of the full spectrum lamps over home for the winter, but I really think I'm going to bring it back for the spring. I like for Grampa Tom to have the extra light during the dark months, but with as nice as it's been and the days getting longer, he's outside more anyway. 


We had a salad today with a lemon boy tomato! The other tomato plant has several little tomatoes on it. They look like they might be some sort of a roma. We'll see soon!

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: