Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gardens, Goose Eggs and Gabbing



Well, we are going to try it again! This time Grampa Tom wired down the hoops and only did two. We'll see what happens. Our son came by as I was putting rocks on the ends and gave Grampa a hard time about allowing me to use rocks. (If you don't understand all this, check out my 11/26/10 post.)


I have been eying these mini greenhouses for a few years now. The other day as I was drooling over them again, it occurred to me that it could actually serve a variety of purposes throughout the year. In the spring it can house seedlings. In the summer it can sun dry noodles. It has a shade cover that would enable it to be used to dry herbs. And in the winter, I can take it to craft shows to use for shelving. I'm planning to get at least one more!


My window garden is quite the jungle! I found a deal on a couple of grow lights soon after I planted it so my worries about things getting all spindly aren't nearly as strong. I'm going to transfer the early spring plants to the little green house tomorrow so I have room to start some more plants.


Our geese are laying, well actually I think it is only one, but hopefully the others will start laying soon. Let me know if you want either fresh or blown goose eggs. Blown eggs are $1 each. Fresh eggs are $4.00/ 6-pack.
I put a couple of chicken eggs in with them so you could get an idea of the size.


Yesterday, we spent the day at the Broadway Hy Vee in Quincy. I just love all the wonderful people we get to talk to. One woman lives in Mt. Sterling. She told us she usually shops in Quincy, but had been making special trips to the Macomb Hy Vee just to buy our eggs. She was so glad to discover that we were in Quincy too. I went and talked to the dairy manager at the other Hy Vee store while we were there. Hopefully we'll get in there in the next few weeks. If you are in there, be sure to ask about Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs!

God Bless You All!


~Grama Sue

No comments: