Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Saturday, February 8, 2014

Card Table Rehab

My parents bought two card tables when I was a little girl. They used them for their bridge club when it was their turn to host. We inherited them when they decided to move to California. They were in pretty good shape then, but when we got into doing farmer's markets they were trashed after the third season. The frames were still good so I've kept them around thinking I'd redo them. Well, today was the day!


They went from this ...


To this in a couple of hours thanks to furniture store cardboard and duct tape!

Yesterday, I stopped in a Kraus Furniture in Nauvoo and begged for some cardboard. Mark was happy to fix me up.



Today I cut out a piece big enough to fit the top and 2 other smaller pieces to fill in where the original cardboard was sagging. I used duct tape to put them in place.




Then I covered the tops with duct tape to give them more strength and to protect them from water.

I have some red and white checked kitchen wall paper I'm thinking about covering them with to even out the surface, but I've decided I need some red duct tape to finish it off with. Looks like a trip to the store for me tomorrow :)


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue 

No comments: