Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, July 21, 2008

My Favorite Husband


This is only about the business in a round about way, but I figured I really needed to brag about the great man I’m married to.

Grampa Tom always has the status of “my favorite husband” simply due to the fact that he is my only husband, but this weekend, he really earned the title.

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I’d like to have a party for my 50th birthday, but I just didn’t have enough time to get my house clean enough for a big shindig, much less plan a party. I was whining about how I’d missed my 40th, because I was to busy taking care of my grampa, and now the business was taking to much time for me to do anything this year. At this rate, I lamented, I may never get over the hill! So, he talked to a friend of mine and arranged to use her house. Then he invited a bunch of people, and bought a cake and a bunch of munchies, but he didn’t tell me!

Saturday, he told me we were going to get dressed up and go out to eat to celebrate my birthday. Then we were going to drop some eggs by Becky’s house. I was so impressed! He’s put on a suit 3 times since I’ve known him: Once for our wedding, the other 2 times for our boys’ weddings. Here he was putting on his suit for my birthday! WOW!

We went out to eat at the Warsaw Brewery. We hadn’t been there before. Not a very romantic atmosphere, but the food is fantastic! On our way out of the restaurant we ran into an old friend so we sat and talked with him for a while, then we were off to Becky’s.

Thinking back on it, there were probably a couple of clues, but I was oblivious to the fact that the house was full of people. I walked through the door and couldn’t figure out why my FIL was there, then I noticed my MIL, my son, my grandkids and several of my good friends. They yelled “Surprise!” and Becky blew her shofar. I was flabbergasted!

He really pulled it off! The thing I totally don’t understand was thatthe granddaughter who had been staying with us knew about it and she didn’t tell me. How did that happen? She can’t keep a secret at all!



1 comment:

Penny said...

Awwwe, how sweet! He's a keeper.

Penny