Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, July 28, 2008

Western Illinois Old Threshers

WESTERN ILLINOIS OLD THRESHERS

The garage sale will be closed this weekend. We’ll be packing it up and hauling it down there for the flea market. Hopefully we’ll be able to get the goodies in the garage down to a manageable amount. For the time being, I’ve quit taking donations. We’ve decided to limit things to what we can fit in ½ the garage.

So if you want to look me up, you can find me at:

http://www.westernillinoisthreshers.org/schedule.htm

Grampa Tom is still planning to hit the farmer’s markets this weekend.


THE FARMER’S MARKET

We started selling our eggs in at Ducks and now we really can’t keep up with demand! Grampa has skipped the Carthage farmer’s market for the last 2 weeks because he hasn’t had enough to sell there. Marvelous problem!


ON THE CRAFT TABLE

Seems I’m getting nothing done craft wise. To busy with the garden and taking care of old people. Oh well! Winter is coming.

THE GARDEN

We’ve finally got sweet corn, green beans, tomatoes and cucumbers. They are going as soon as we can pick them! I didn’t go to the Nauvoo Farmer’s Market last week because I needed to make noodles. Grampa told everyone the reason I didn’t come was because he had to beat me off of the tomatoes and not to go out to our place because they’d have to put him in jail if they saw me.

The herbs are finally coming on well too. Next year I need to devote more space to them, green house some and stagger the plantings.

We’ve decided to grow more sweet corn next year too.


GRAMA’S DELIGHTS

Saturday was so much fun! I didn’t make a whole lot of money with the garage sale, but a couple of people came in that made it all worthwhile.

First, a lady came in who was in a quandary about what to do with her son. He hadn’t been doing well in school and she wanted to home school him but didn’t know how. By the time she left, she was very relieved to know that home schooling isn’t as hard as it sounds.

The other lady ... well I have to back up to Friday night. Our church has a Praise and Worship service on Fridays and during the service I closed my eyes. Suddenly, I saw a picture of a little old lady with deep wrinkles, hair sticking out all over the place and a big toothless grin. I asked God what this picture was about and I felt Him say, “Isn’t she beautiful?” When He said that, I could see how beautiful she really was.

Just before we closed on Saturday, Martha walked in.



Isn't she Beautiful????

I was astounded, this was the woman I had seen the night before! I told her that I had seen her and that God loved her very much and that He thought she was so beautiful. It brought tears to her eyes and I was so blessed!

Some people say Christians can’t have fun, but there really isn’t anything more fun than seeing others be blessed.

God Bless You All!

No comments: