Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Grama Sue's Typical Day


Aren't these gardens looking nice? We have been able to get most of the big garden planted, but it doesn't look like much more than a dirt patch right now.

Thought I'd give you a run down of what a typical day looks like for me. It sounds like I'm doing a lot, but if you wrote down everything you did in a day, you'd probably see that you do the same.

Here goes:

5:30 am - Awake. It still amazes me. I used to be awake at this time of the morning all the time. Course I was considering going to bed in an hour or two.

5:30 - 6 am - Make tea, check e-mail

6-7 am - Attend prayer meeting in Texas via gloryofzion.org. Isn't the internet amazing!
Danced with the new worship hoop I made this week.


It is called "The Covenant of Healing". It is a prayer in art that declares I Peter 2:24 "by whose stripes you were healed". There are 39 yellow ribbons with clear beads that represent the 39 stripes that were laid on Jesus' back with a whip that was enhanced with shards of bone and metal. These "stripes" rest on a background of red mylar to symbolize His Blood. I love making these. I've done several different designs in the past. Haven't had much time for it lately. Someone asked me to make this one so I made the time. It is so much fun!

7-7:30 am - Finished checking e-mail and ordered some fence for Grampa

7:30-8:30 am - Dishes. Yes, I'm one of those horrible people who don't clean up the dishes after every meal. And even worse, I don't have a dishwasher to hide them in like the rest of you all! Yesterday, I spent all day outside and making noodles so there was quite the pile.

8:30 9 am - Finally getting around to breakfast.

9 - 11:30 am - Computer work. Updated the check books and our business books. Also did some comparison shopping for egg cartons.

11:30 -12:00pm - Cook and eat lunch.

12:00 - 1:00 pm - Work on Avon business

1:00 pm - Finally change out of my jammies. It looked like it was going to be an all day jammie thing, but I decided I needed to go outside for a bit so I put on a skirt and a cami.

1:15 - 1:30 pm - Take a few pictures and get some things out of the freezer in the garage. Took some pictures of the chicken feet I have hanging in the garage to dry for doggie treats. Was going to post them, but they are just too gross. Say, "Thank you Grama Sue!"

1:30 - 2 pm - Put away laundry from yesterday.

2 pm - Take a few minutes to listen to the rain and thank God for our sweet corn that needed just a little more moisture to help it make a good stand!

2:15 pm - Sun shining. Thought maybe there'd be a rainbow, but I was wrong. I always have to stop and look for rainbows!

2:20 pm - Make ice. I go through a whole lot of ice all by myself. It is one of my bigger daily chores.

2:30 - 3:30 pm - Put away dried noodles from yesterday and do dishes again. Talk to a couple of friends and my DIL on the phone as I'm working. Wally is 9 lbs, 9 oz already!

3:30 - 4 pm - Checked email again. Did you know that the Illinois govenor has proposed a budget that will increase the average person's income tax by 50%??? They are voting on it this week. Made a few phone calls to govenor, represenative and state senator, then forwarded the e-mail to some people I thought might want to know.

4 - 5:30 pm - Assessing work

5:30 - 7:30 pm - Supper with visiting family over at Mom's. Cool! Didn't have to cook!

7:30 - 9 pm - Writing blog. Having trouple getting pics to load. I don't type very fast either.

I still need to wash eggs and work on designing a new menu board for the farmer's markets. Might get to bed by 11pm

No comments: