Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nauvoo Markets & Misc


Started at a new market in Nauvoo today. Did fairly well for a first day in a brand new market. I was the only vendor, but I will be able to tell other vendors there is potential there. John Kraft said he would come, but he hasn't been to any markets this week because he's been sick. We now have 2 markets in our tiny little town. You might think that's to many, but the people were all different except for the one friend I called to let her know I had beets. I think it can work!


Paul, a traveling minstrel, stopped by to play his mandalin for us. He was wonderful. He may be back. The market manager, Gwen Hummel, is sitting behind Paul. Give her a call if you'd like to be a vendor. 217-453-6161.

Next week Mark Wheeler will be there to play for us and on the 14th, my brother-in-love, Scott Whitson will be preform.


This is the Winery Farmer's Market on Friday from 3:30 - 5:30 in Nauvoo. The other regular vendor there is John Kraft. He always has lots of fresh veggies! His 94 y/o mom is one of the ladies I buy the black walnuts I use in my muffins from. You can also go into the Winery, tour the mini-museum, buy some of Carol's Pies, some Nauvoo wine and an array of other cool stuff!

Random Pictures:



I'm not sure I've ever seen an albino wooly bear. Dark wolly bears are suppose to herald a cold, snowy winter. Hope this white one is common. We could use a mild winter for a change!



Grampa called me outside the other day to enjoy the antics of the new kittens. Little ones are always such a joy! Life is good!



God Bless You All!

No comments: