Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Quick Post

Quick post. Had to go to a class for the assessing job last week and it has put me way behind.

Thought I had enough noodles made up for last week. Got home on Thursday. Grampa Tom had sold almost all the noodles I had. Made some more Friday morning and sold out again on Saturday.
Made a batch of noodles yesterday and two batches today. Hopefully that will be enough to get us through the next couple of days. There's Avon that needs to be delivered and herb gardens that need weeded again (I don't trust Grampa with these. He thinks all my herbs are weeds. Pant ... pant ... pant ...

Will have to wade in the mud tomorrow morning to harvest some veggies. Rice would have been a good thing to plant this year! Grampa did manage to run the tiller today in the big garden before it dumped on us.

Thought for the day:

We were seriously financially challenged when the kids were growing up. I learned to do a lot of things because I had no money to go buy stuff, things like making noodles and growing my own food. Now those skills developed out of poverty are becoming a source of riches! Cool huh? Reminds me of the scripture that says "He turns my mourning into dancing!"



God Bless You All!

1 comment:

Lila said...

God Bless you, Sue. I really appreciated reading your thought for today...sometimes what I read resonates more than others, and this just struck me as exactly what I needed this morning. Take care :-) I'll be thinking of you as I wade through the mud to my own wet garden area ;-) It's still raining here...