Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, May 31, 2010

Cow Girl




Well, we don't have any cows yet, but my sweet DIL thought this hat would attract customers at the farmer's markets. Sorry Tristina, I didn't wear it long. Hats are just to durn hot!

I haven't been at many of the markets because I've been doing Census work. There's about another week left of that and then I need to spend another week or two drumming up business for our eggs in stores. Our feed supplier changed his ration and we've gone from 70 to 110 eggs a day. That's wonderful, but we need another store or two.

Grampa Tom has been doing most of the markets, but this day he was in the fields so I played hooky from my government job to run the stand at the Burlington Farmer's Market.

We've been doing 3 markets a week, but this week the market at Baxter's Winery in Nauvoo starts so we will be at 4. The garden isn't producing enough quite yet for us to handle to much so we will wait on the Hamilton market till I have a little more time to bake or the garden really gets going, whichever is first.

It has gone from drizzly cold a little over a week ago to muggy hot. Great for growing most things. My spinach is bolting. Tuesday will be the last of it. We do have baby swiss chard now though, better than spinach and it grows all summer.

I've added dried herbs to the menu we sell. If anyone has small food jars they'd like to donate, I need a bunch!

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: