Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Still Crazy & Plastic Bottle Greenhouse Update

So today, we planted sweet corn, more green beans, peanuts, acorn squash, luffa and daffodils. I also started some basil, kohlrabi, mallow and evening primrose inside the house that I will put out just as soon as they are up. I could probably plant them directly outside, but I want to be able to place the plants here and there where I want them. It's just easier to place plants than to thin plants that are started in the ground. Sure do hope the last frost is past! The fruit trees are budding and the magnolia tree is beautiful!

One of the kids I tutored came up with 2 big bags of empty 2 liter bottles for my plastic bottle green house. Thank you Amanda! I decided the 2 liter bottles ought to be made into panels that are at least 6 foot tall. The donation I received along with the few that I already had made almost 2 six foot stacks. I will need 11 stacks to make a 3 1/2 foot wide panel. Keep em coming folks!

God Bless You All!


~Grama Sue 

No comments: