Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Jerusalem Artichoke

My Jerusalem artichoke is blooming! I used to have a patch of these many years ago, but we tore them out to rearrange the garden and I never got around to finding a new place for them. This spring, my good friend Juanita gave me a whole bag of them. I planted them, but the deer dug most of them up. I had 2 that I must have planted to deep for the deer to detect because they came up after the longest time. I had forgotten that they bloom! I thought I probably had just been babying some stray wildflowers. Got on the internet and searched for images of  Jerusalem Artichoke and calmed my fears. Thank God and Al Gore for the internet!


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue


No comments: