Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Thursday, November 1, 2012

Scooping Poop

So now I've done it all. I've dealt with chicken poop, horse poop, pig poop, sheep poop, rabbit poop, turkey and geese poop, baby poop and old people poop, even my own poop, but I've never scooped dog poop, until now.

My son has this crazy contraption that picks up the poop and puts it in a bag. He keeps his back yard clean that way. Takes a bit of finesse, but I think I kinda have the hang of it.



At the moment, I'm visiting my son who lives in the city. He has a large yard. He also has a new baby, a toddler and a 3 y/o. I'm taking care of baby poop and loving it!

I'd hate to live in the city, but if I had to, I'd want a yard like his. Give me 5 years and I'd have a food forest out there :) Can you say urban permaculture?

One of my favorite Bible verses is Proverbs ... I can't remember the numbers right now but the version I learned says: "An empty barn is easy to clean, but there is no profit in it." It's one I quote often with the explanation that anything worth doing is going to involve some shoveling and if you have a lot to shovel, either someone has neglected it for a long time, or there's a lot of profit in it!

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: