Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Saturday, November 3, 2012

Visit to the Jacksonville, NC Farmer's Market

Took my grandkids to the farmer's market today. It is always fun to check out farmer's markets away from home. It was their last market for the season. There wasn't a huge amount of vendors there, but there were lots of people! I'm sure all the vendors who showed up made some money today. I would have liked to talk more with the vendors, but I didn't want to keep them from waiting on customers :)

The parking lot they were set up in had a building with garage doors lining 2 sides where vendors could pull in and unload their trucks so they could set up. Inside was a walkway down the middle of the booths and a stage where a band was playing at the far end. There were also vendors outside under tents like we do at home.


They had a hayride for the kids.


And a reptile exhibit with lizards a giant tortoise, a tarantula and several snakes. My grandson got to pet this one.


One of the vendors had some really cool display cases (pun intended). I need to see if I can make myself something like this for my eggs. 


They also had a "cow" for the kids to milk. Great interactive place for kids! My grandson didn't want to go because he was to tired,  (He's been staying up late since his little sister was born the other day. So much excitement!) but he was sure glad I made him come. :)


Poor Grampa Tom! He's missing all the excitement.


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue




No comments: