Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sweet Corn Sacrilege

Growing up, the rule in our house was: "If there is corn on the cob on the table, you continue to eat until either it is gone, or you throw up." No one ever actually threw up. It's hard to get that much of anything when there's 10 - 30 people at the table for every meal ... But you get the idea. I thought it was a great rule! I loved all things corn. Give it to me from a can, frozen, scalloped, whatever ... I woofed it down! And corn on the cob was THE best!

Grampa Tom used to shake his head in wonder at how many ears of corn I could consume, but lately, something very strange has happened. While I don't dislike corn on the cob, it just doesn't trip my trigger like it used to :(  Grampa Tom says it's not the corn, He still loves it. It's just me. Sometimes, when it gets stuck in my teeth, I just wonder why I am doing this to myself. Often times , my meal ends looking like this:


Mom, can I ever be forgiven? LOL! I feel like such a traitor :(


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: