Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Friday, November 8, 2013

Lunch is Served!

So the markets were all done, but I've got quite a bit of squash left, whole patches of radishes, lettuce, chard, kale and herbs, lots of potatoes, gourds and pumpkins, a few watermelon ... What am I going to do with all this? I decided to ask Dave (the owner of the Painted Corners) if I could sit there for a couple of weeks and try to sell some. He suggested that I make some pies and cookies. I reluctantly agreed. I tend to eat way to much sweets when I do that, but I couldn't talk Kay into supplying them, so what do you do?

Then you know how things kinda evolve ... I thought, "We've got a whole lot of potatoes yet. Why don't I just see if I can sell soup and sandwiches for lunch on Friday and Saturday." Put out my shingle today thinking if I got 2 customers over the 2 days, it would be worth persuing until Christmas.


I had 8 customers! Woohoo!

Six of them were a group of bicyclists who were biking from Wisconsin down to the Gulf Coast. They were pretty impressed that the potatoes, lettuce and apples were all grown by us :) They wolfed down 2 whole pies after they ate their lunches. They also got a really big kick out of my grandson who very stealthly snuck up to their table and stole a cookie. They were laughing so hard, I couldn't even dicipline him :)

Tomorrow, I'll have:
     Potato Soup                          $1.50
     Sandwiches                          $2.00
          Ham
          Turkey
          PB & J
     Pie Slice                                $2.00
     Home Made Ice Cream         $1.00/scoop
     Pop, Water, Lemonade         $1.00
           or Green Tea   
    Cookies                                  50 cents each

Whole pies and plates of cookies and fresh veggies will also be available!

Come see me! Lunch wil be served from 11 am - 2 pm . Baked goods and produce will be available from 10 am to 5 pm at The Painted Corners in Lomax, IL!


No comments: