Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Thursday, September 16, 2010

Skinning Tomatoes

Now why didn't someone tell me this 30 years ago? Today I'm reading a post from Food In Jars on Facebook and someone is asking about blanching times for tomatoes. One person responds they never blanch, just put the tomatoes whole into bags and stick in the bag. When you start to thaw them, put them in cold water and the skins will fall right off! I usually freeze my tomatoes and make things like chili and spaghetti sauce during the winter when I'm in the house all day and I want the heat. I've spent countless hours sweating over a pan of boiling water skinning tomatoes. Turns out it just wasn't needed! I used to have a list of things I learned after I turned 40, looks like I'm need to make one for things I've learned after 50!

God Bless!


~Grama Sue

No comments: