Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mammoth Sunflowers

My mammoth sunflowers are finally blooming. I will probably feed them to the chickens this year. I'm way to busy to roast them. In the past I have lightly coated them with oil, dusted them with salt and laid them out on a cookie sheet in the oven at 200 degrees for a couple of years. It's a nice treat, but like I said, I'm just super busy. 


I just don't know what in this picture makes me smile more, the beautiful sunflowers, or the sweet little boy pointing them out!

God Bless You All!

Grama Sue

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Sue, I hope you mean "a couple of hours" not a "couple of years". Those would be some rather toasty sunflower seeds. :-)

Sue Whitson said...

Yeah, a couple of hours would be correct. I was just a little tired :)