Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Sunday, August 28, 2011

Preserving Cherry Tomatoes

I've been dehydrating my excess cherry tomatoes. One of my favorite sites is Food in Jars. This post is about ways to preserve cherry tomatoes. I will have to try these! I have been dehydrating my little sweeties. I love dried tomatoes for snacking on. She suggests cutting them in half, which I haven't been doing. Will have to try that. Here's the link: http://www.foodinjars.com/2011/08/five-ways-to-preserve-small-tomatoes/

These are my cherry tomatoes. This variety is a "black" cherry. They tend to be a bit green on top, but they are delicious!


I cut them in half and put them on my dehydrator shelves.


Then if it is sunny outside, I set the dryer in the sun. If there isn't enough sun, I plug it in.


I'll put these in a jar for yummy snacking later!


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue


No comments: