Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Sunday, September 11, 2011

Free Kittens

Grampa Tom says we are using way to much cat food! These little cuties have always lived outside and are great mousers. Barn cats make great pets. I've never brought one in that I had any trouble litter training. They are used to using dirt piles and naturally go for the litter pan as long as you show them where it is. Don't ask me when they were born, I don't know. I think they are about 12-14 weeks old.

Last year we got 3 kittens because in the past we have had a hard time with kittens getting sick and dying on us. I know it sounds heartless, but we have a strict policy of no medical attention for barn cats. That can break you in a hurry. (However, we may need to do some spaying, neutering if these keep producing such strong little offspring.) One of them got run over last fall, but the other two had kittens this year. These have all had the weepy eye distemper type of thing and look wonderful now. There are a few more around that I didn't see while I was out taking pictures. Don't ask me if they are male or female. I haven't paid that much attention.






God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: