Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, October 31, 2011

After the Frost

So much to do at the end of the season! I've been busy putting up tomatoes, peppers, egg plant, apples ... and trying to keep things alive through the chilly nights we've had. We've still got plenty of greens and radishes. Some of my tomato plants have made it through and all of my herbs are thriving so far. Unless this weather pattern really breaks, I can see having tomatoes well into November and cool weather crops into December.  We have been doing 4 markets a week through most of October, but next month we will cut it down to just Burlington and possibly Nauvoo if we have enough to make it worthwhile. The Burlington market runs almost until Christmas and the Nauvoo market can run as long as I go.

I told Grampa Tom I'd like to make row covers for all the mounds in my mound garden so I could get an early start next year. I hope to have a good variety early in the spring to take to Nauvoo before any of the other markets start.

God Bless You All!


~Grama Sue

No comments: