Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November Garden

Amazing! It's November 8th and I've still got lots of garden out there! Here's a few pictures:


There's lettuce, parsley, thyme, chard and kale in this bed.


There's kale, chard and radishes uncovered here. Under the plastic is a tomato plant and some basil believe it or not.


This is my peppermint.


There's spinach, lettuce, beets, carrots and radishes in this bed. And some very overgrown arugula on the right side with more kale and chard behind it.


Still have all sorts of radishes, as well as some younger arugula and iceberg lettuce here. 


I put my marjoram under a clear refrigerator drawer. It seems to like it! The sheet to the left is covering my dill.


My rosemary is also under some refrigerator drawers. The sheet on the right is another picture of my dill. and the plastic on the left is covering some tomatoes.


They really are doing quite well yet. Pretty slow ripening and they aren't as sweet as a summer tomato, but hey! It's November!


Here's my cherry tomato bed.


And my indoor garden!

I didn't think to take pictures of Grampa Tom's peas. He's got a few beets left too. We've got potatoes, squash and egg plants in storage that still look pretty good. I've also got sage, oregano and lemon grass that are thriving.  Maybe a few other things too. I always forget at least one!  It's supposed to get down to 27 tomorrow night. We are going to work on covering the rest of the gardens tomorrow.  We'll see what happens!

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue







No comments: