Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cucumbers and Tomatoes Only Mix in the Salad Bowl

Note to self: Check companion planting charts before planting. 


Neither my tomato or my cucumber were doing very well. I figured maybe they were suffering from my compost/straw made up potting mix, but today I was looking through a companion planting list. It said tomatoes and cucumbers aren't good for each other. 

No wonder! They were fighting! The tomato was winning, but since I have 2 other tomato plants, I tore it out. I left the cucumber since it had one leaf, but  I'll plant a couple more seeds just in case it doesn't recover. Might have cucumbers before spring! Will keep you updated!


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue!


2 comments:

JoyceP said...

Hi, Sue! I went to your old blogspot blog to catch up on your happenings and was surprised to see that the blog was gone. I'm glad to have found you at this site. Is this site your regular blog now? I enjoy your posts and keeping up with your and Pa's activities -- you have a much better head for business than I do. It helps keep me going to read that other people share the same interests I have. I hope you two have a wonderful Christmas!

Sue Whitson said...

Yes Joyce, this is the new name for my blog. We are slowly trying to change the name of our business to Grama Sue's Rainbow Farm because our dream is for our farm to have a rainbow of products coming from it and because the rainbow is God's promise of blessing to come out of the disaster we had made out of our lives!

God Bless!