Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Last Harvest 2011


Tomorrow is the last market of the season at the Port in Burlington from 4-6pm and the last market we will be going to until next spring. I was trying to keep the garden going until now. It's amazing! I succeeded, even after a few nights of single digit temps in the last week!


I took a few pictures of my garden beds after I cut them. A lot of the greens were frost bit, but there was enough good stuff to take to the market tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to sell most of it.


I had covered the beds with sheets close to the ground and then covered them with another layer up on the hoops. They say you can grow greens all winter long with a high tunnel over low tunnels. I'm pretty confident they are right!



Hopefully soon we will be able to get one!


It was raining today so I left the covers in the garden. I'll roll them up later this week when they dry up.


And here's part of the harvest. I had already taken some of the lettuce and herbs in before I thought about taking pictures.


Here's the haul all bagged up.


One bag each of Italian Flat Leafed Parsley, Curled Parsley, and Rosemary: two bags each of Holy Basil, Salad Mix, Spinach and Iceberg Lettuce: three bags of Dill, four bags of Chard, five bags of Golden Rings ... no, no, no, slipped off into a Christmas Song there, sorry, that should have been Kale. 


I also found a few radishes that I missed last week. We have some radishes and carrots left from last week yet as well as a few potatoes, squash and  jars of dried herbs. 

Come by tomorrow, that is Thursday December 15th  from 4-6pm at the Port in Burlington!


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post! thanks for sharing... blessings...soraya

Sue Whitson said...

Thanks!