Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Friday, December 30, 2011

Snowman Pee

This is my itsy, bitsy, teeny, tiny, little baby boy, Jesse, all 5" 10", 200 lbs of him. I love Jesse. He was even less planned than his older brother and sister. In fact, I'm pretty sure his was an act of God. The older two were destined to trot the globe when they flew the coop, but this one is a farmer like his daddy, so I get to keep him. God knew we would need him, in spite of the fact that we considered our family complete.

He lives about 10 miles from here with his beautiful wife and wonderful son. He holds down a full time job and helps us out when we need it, especially when we are gone. While we were out east visiting his brother, he was here at home working 40 hours a week at his farm hand job, dealing with vehicle problems and doing all of our chores!


Jesse is a lot like his dad. Like his dad, he doesn't mind snowman pee. When I got home, my kitchen was covered with these strange white streaks and spots.


It's really not as gross as it looks. When we wash our eggs, we mix a white powder sanitizer in the water. If you splash the water (which can't be helped) it will look just like regular water until it dries. Then the white powder will be left. If you don't wipe the counters and the cabinets, you wind up with snowman pee. When I am home, it gets cleaned up on a regular basis, but after a week, it builds up!

I really don't mind. It cleans up very easily and to have my super busy son take the time to help us out by doing our chores ... well I can handle a little snowman pee!

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: