Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Back in Action

Garden building has been on hold for the last few weeks. I slipped while going down some steps and tried to take out a kidney. Messed my neck up pretty badly too. I'm moving slow, but starting to get some stuff done. Grampa Tom and Olivia helped a lot by bringing over a load of compost to finish off some gardens I had started earlier.


I planted several types of flowers around this tree.


Some sunflowers, Indian corn and cockscomb might hide this ugly thing.

 

Here's some of the packages I've planted in the past few days. After taking this picture, I thought about planting some radishes and beets. I also bought a couple of garden mums at the market last week. I put them in the ground, but don't have a picture.


Quite a while ago I planted this pan full of kohlrabi. It was so full of plants! I've planted about half in the ground. I keep trying to find places to put them, but since they seem happy to stay little in this pan, I'm taking my time, just planting a few at a time. Hopefully that will stretch out my harvest quite a bit.


Put pumpkins in these sunflowers. I plan to kill the grass out front as the pumpkins cover the ground.


Bought some more eggplant at the market Saturday. Put them and some cilantro seed in this little box garden. I'm thinking this might be a great place to stick some of that kohlrabi too!

I have ambitions to plant a little more lettuce and basil too. We'll see. I'm starting to hurt again. Don't want to overdo it!

It's my mom's birthday today. She reads my blog religiously. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue
 




No comments: