Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Friday, July 26, 2013

Home Grown Pickles

OK, I admit it I love store bought kosher dills. There, I said it. My problem is, I have never found a home dill pickle recipe that tastes like them.  But, I have a semi-solution! Several years ago, I started saving my dill pickle juice during the winter, then when the cucumbers come on, I put them in the juice I have saved and refrigerate them for a week or more. They taste great! I have tried using the juice a second time. It doesn't work. The flavor is really weak. But hey! Saving $ on tickles by reusing the juice once ... I can do that!



God Bless You!

~Grama Sue






No comments: