Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Japanese Beetle Saga Continued ....

They attacked my black berries today. 


I've heard that Japanese beetle traps actually draw more beetles than they catch, so, I've never considered them. But, Saturday night I talked with a friend at church that says they work for her. We've had company and I've had to work so I didn't have time to do much til today. There are literally millions of these pests here, so I thought I'd need lots of traps. Being as cheap as I am, I looked on-line and found out that a milk jug with mashed up fruit, sugar and water will also work, so this morning I put out 18 of them. 


And then I sprayed the blackberries. my crab apple tree and the corn that were covered with them. There were also a few in my lettuce, kale and chard so I sprayed them too. Won't be able to bring any of these to the markets this week, but I haven't been selling much of them anyway. We will see if these jugs can prevent the next vicious attack.  


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue



No comments: