Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Raised Beds Officially Planted


 
The last few days have been really busy with filling and planting all the raised beds. We have potatoes, spinach, radishes, lettuce, chard, carrots, kohlrabi, kale, onions and cilantro planted. I am hoping to get a bed of parsley planted tonight or tomorrow. Grampa Tom is out hauling corn to town for the next couple of days and then he'll be in the fields so I'll probably need to do most of  the rest of the planting. I don't mind. It feels so good to dig in the dirt! I'm sore, but it's a good sore and I feel stronger every day!

Only thing is, I've decided I need about 10 times the raised beds we have now. That is going to be my major project this summer. I've got one started that is going to be an earth bermed dog house/raised bed huglekulture garden. I'll be posting about that when I've got it built.

I'm so glad I don't have to work inside all day every day!

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: