Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Sunday, April 6, 2014

To Reinvent the Wheel

A while back, I was telling a friend that I would like to build a top bar bee hive. He didn't know what that was, so I described it to him. He  asked, "Sue, why do you always have to reinvent the wheel?" So, I went on to tell him about the difficulty I have handling the weight of regular hives.

Grampa Tom often makes the comment that I "always do things the hard way", but I just can't do things the way he does them. I can't just see or hear something and remember it. I have to use memory tricks or I don't remember. I can't throw a shovel full of dirt 16 feet, so I shovel the dirt into the garden in one place and then I use the rake to spread it out. I'm likely to do things backwards and then have to go back and straighten it out of make adjustments.

I am only 5' 4", I've always had memory issues. I'm spacially challenged and slightly dyslexic. And even though (for a woman) I have a large rib cage and shoulders, I've never had even half as much upper body strength as a typical woman. Seriously, I know how to change a tire, but I can't physically do it! One of Grampa Tom's favorite memories of when we were first dating is when he ran across me literally jumping up and down on a jack trying to get the lug nuts loose! He laughs about that every time he tells the story! I was so glad to see him drive up in his white truck like the hero he became that day! He whipped those babies right off and changed my tire in no time.

But I regress ... Guys, and everyone else who looks at the crazy things I do and wonders why I am always trying to reinvent the wheel, the reason is: Your wheel is just too darn big!  Either help me or I'll figure out some other way to get it done!

Rant over :)

God  Bless You All!


Grama Sue





No comments: