Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Friday, July 1, 2011

Home Made Icys

It used to be I loved days that were this hot. Then menopause set in. All of a sudden I'm dripping sweat! I didn't know my body could produce this much perspiration!

Oh yeah! I was going to tell you about my home made icys. Just a little off track there ... So on these super hot days we have to have some heavy duty ice to keep those eggs cool. I fill my empty dish soap bottles with 1/3 alcohol and 2/3 water and glue the tops shut. These babies stay cold! The only problem with them is every now and then the alcohol eats through the glue and they leak, but that's no big. They cost just pennies and cool as well or better than those expensive store bought blue icys.


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: