Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Sand Box

This is really where it all started.


Soon after we moved to the home place, Grampa, (who was only Daddy back then) went out, bought some lumber and got a load of sand to build the kids a sand box. After many years, the kids quit using it as much and our cats adopted it as their litter box. I had been reading about raised bed gardens for years so I decided to add some dirt to it and make it into a raised bed. I had never been able to do much in our traditional garden because I'm not strong enough to run the rototiller needed to keep it weeded. Grampa would always till our garden and plant it, but then he'd get to busy with planting fields to do the rototilling and it would go to weeds. Grampa is one of those "I'll believe it when I see it." type of guys. I'm the visionary of the family. He was very skeptical that raised beds would be a good thing, but I raised so much food in this little 4 x 8 ft. garden that he let me build more the next year. Well, actually my boys built them, but you get the drift! Now Grampa builds raised beds for himself!

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: