Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Saturday, July 23, 2011

Now Is Better

.Had my 53rd birthday this last week. Seems there is a lot of bad news out there, but my life keeps getting better and better. This really isn't farm related, but I thought I'd list some of the ways things have gotten better for me in the last few decades.

I can breathe! As a child and as a young adult, I had severe asthma and a non-stop sinus infection. I was in terrible pain all the time. Now I have a few aches and pains, but this living in a body thing is pretty awesome!  Thank You God!

I have a wonderful husband who has loved me in spite of myself for more than 33 years. There was a time when I was pretty certain no one could ever love the pile of dung that I was.

Air conditioning is available to me anytime I want to get out of the heat, and I no longer freeze all winter! My house is always above 65 even in the bedrooms. At one time, a fan was a luxury in the summer and the water glass that I kept beside my bed froze by morning in the winter.

I do not have to type on a type writer!!!! As a kid, I wanted to be a writer. Typing class squelched that dream. Computers have revived it.

Although I am still very conservative about water, I love the fact that we have rural water and don't have to worry about the well running dry. We actually lived in a house for a couple of months where we had to lower a bucket into a well and carry it to the house because the well the house was connected to dried up.

I live on a blacktop road! The dust in my house is usually thick, but not nearly as thick as when we lived on the east side of a gravel road.

The only debt we have is on our farm and for our tractor. At one time we had thousands of dollars in credit card debt and a huge truck payment as well.

I can wear blue jeans and sneakers into a fancy restaurant and no one will care. When I was growing up, it was improper for girls to leave home in pants. We had to dress up to go to school, the grocery store, even McDonalds!

Everyday, I communicate with friends and family who live across the ocean through the internet and by phone.  Not to awfully long ago, calling anyone but my in-laws was long distance and cost big time bucks. International communications were limited to airmail letters and even that was pricey.

I know that God loves me and is for me. My future, whatever it brings, is secure. For now, I live in plenty, but   if things get rough again, I know that I can trust God. There was a time that I trusted no one, not to mention a God that I could not see. He's been there for me and He will be there for you too. All you have to do is ask.

God Bless You All!


~Grama Sue

No comments: