Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Desperation

Susie, Susie, who doos to moochie, how does your garden grow? Here it is today, but last week it was being taken over by weeds.



On May 30th, I told you all that I was back in the saddle. I then proceeded to way overdo it trying to get a handle on the weeds and wound up worse off in a few days than I had been to start off with. Grrrr... Anyway, it took me a couple of weeks of just sitting around, not doing much at all to get back to square one. By then, the paths in my garden were well on their way to looking like this:


And I was still unable to do much! So I got desperate and bought some chemical weed killer. The garden looks much better. But most of my beautiful cockscomb got bit. I lost most of it. Just have a few plants left and it seems that every day I have another one that looks like this:


Did I tell you I don't like to use store bought chemicals? Vinegar, lots of mulch and lots more good old fashioned weed pulling are so much better. But ... sometimes you just have to do what you have to do :(

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue
 




No comments: