Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Sunday, August 5, 2012

Crystal Mushroom

The other day on Facebook, there was this cool picture of crystal mushrooms for the garden. This weekend I had the opportunity to hit a couple of yard sales and TA-DA!


Here is my version of the crystal mushroom. I don't think I'm going to put it in the garden though. To pretty to expose it to the elements like that. 

I took a couple of plastic wine glasses put one upside down on a cap from the old gas stove, ( I just couldn't bear to throw them away. Knew they would come in handy for something.)  filled it with Christmas tree mylar and glued it down. Then I put a little bit of beading along the edge to hide the glue. Next, I glued another wine glass to the bottom of the upside down glass and glued that glass to the upside down plastic crystal bowl. I didn't like the glue showing, so I painted the top red and sprinkled some glitter on it. Pretty huh?

I've got enough to make one more. Maybe I'll take them to the fall market in Burlington or to a craft show sometime. Think I could get $5 out of it?

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue




No comments: