Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Friday, August 31, 2012

Rainy Day Plans

FINALLY! Yesterday I finished my assessing job for 2012. One more year to go, then I can get on with my real life :) But, for the time being I get about a 3 month break. I'm hoping to have the time to write a little here every day, but I don't know. Grampa Tom will be helping a neighbor in the fields as soon as we dry out from Isaac. Welcome to the Midwest Isaac!

We need rain, but not nearly as badly as those to the south or east of us. We've done  a lot of watering regardless! During the really hot part of the summer, it didn't matter how much we watered, stuff was just having a hard time growing. the last couple of weeks have been much better. Just hope the markets hang in there for a while yet.

Grampa Tom says he's going to let me sleep in tomorrow because of the rain. I get to spend the morning sharpening knives and cleaning out the freezer so that we can butcher somewhere around 25 chickens tomorrow afternoon. We bought 75 Welsummer chicks last spring. The  cockerels  are big enough to butcher right now. We have to get them done now or they will be way to big by the time we get to them after harvest. We will keep a few cockerels and all of pullets for breeding purposes. These chickens lay a beautiful chocolate colored egg.

Maybe I'll take a few pictures and post them tomorrow.

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: