Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, August 6, 2012

Stevia Cuttings

Yesterday my stevia plants were getting pretty big, so I decided to harvest some. While I was at it, I decided to take some cuttings.



I've done this before, but it didn't work as well as I wanted. I did go from one plant to 4, but I was hoping for more.  I found this video on youtube.com so I decided to try it. I'll let you know what happens!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAhgB9ZaCBw

So far, I've kept all my stevia in pots. Since I had so few, I wanted to bring them all in come fall so I didn't bother to plant them in the ground. I did set some other pots beside them and managed to create a couple more plants by taking long branches and burying them into them. I'm hoping to get at least 5 more plants from this so I took the plunge and put one plant in the ground. It will probably grow much better there.


I need to grow a ton of this stuff! I tried making pickled beets with it a couple of weeks ago. I gave up pickled beets years ago because of all the sugar. Pickled beets with stevia are awesome! 

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue


No comments: