Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Friday, August 3, 2012

Molly

For those of you that don't know, our grand old lady Molly has passed away. When she came to us 3 years ago, she was 7. She lived to be 10. A very old age for this breed of dog. Molly was  incredibly sweet. She loved kids and hated coyotes and coons with a passion.


She has not been in good shape for several months now, but that soft hearted Grampa Tom couldn't bear to put her down. We have a place under the house where the dogs go to get out of the weather. For about a week before she died, we would hear her in there, but we didn't see her. 

The night before she died, she came out to see us one last time. She looked awful. Grampa and I tried to doctor her, but there really wasn't anything anyone could have done for her. Grampa was going to take her to the vet in a couple of days if she didn't improve. I told him I didn't think there was anything the vet could do for her either, but he just couldn't bear the thought of putting her down.

The next morning, we found her between my car and the gardens. Grampa had to wait until I moved the car to be able to get her out to bury her. I had several things I needed to put in it and every time I walked by her I could not help but thank her for not dying under the house! She was always to thoughtful!

Rest in peace Molly ... We will miss you.

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue




No comments: