Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Breaking New Ground

This past week has been a whirlwind. We've planted almost everything I had in the my cold frame. Just have asparagus and tomatoes to get in the ground yet. Then, I can start working on turning lots more space into gardens.


Grampa Tom and I had talked about filling this garden with the blackberries in with rhubarb. I found a really good deal on rhubarb a couple of weeks ago so I bought a whole flat. Of course, there were to many for this garden so I had to dig up a new garden. 


This little garden is out by the road, and I had some roll out flower seed that I had bought last year for 99 cents each so decided to put a few flowers out there too. Of course, while doing that, I got to thinking this whole area ought to go into strawberries or something. I'm gonna be busy this summer, cause this whole area under the apple trees is going into herbs too!


I may not get it all done this year. But give me a 2 or 3 years and almost all of this ground that we are currently mowing will all be in food and flowers! I will leave a little bit of yard for the kids to play in, but I see no sense in spending money mowing when I can grow food!


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue









No comments: