Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Sunday, April 22, 2012

Garden Update

 Here's a couple of shots of my garden today. I have 4 more full beds since last year. Just finished the last two (seen here)  this week. There is also a short bed up against the building here.


Here's a shot from the other end. I put in the first two mounds here last fall. 


I want to put in another 1/2 mound back here. And I want to put in a long row of asparagus and Jerusalem artichoke on the north end of my "garden buffer". I've been spraying straight vinegar around it to kill the grass around the garden so I can run vines like melons and pumpkins out on it. It takes several applications to get a good kill, but with a 2 year old and an old man following me around, I feel much safer with vinegar than round-up. I'll cover it with straw as soon as my asparagus and Jerusalem artichoke are up.

Last week, I visited a friend of mine in Hamilton who farms her yard. She gave me lots and lots of flowers and herbs. I'll try to blog about them next.

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue 

No comments: