Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Saturday, April 7, 2012

Playing Twister

Well, I'm sore from head to foot. I spent a couple of hours this morning in my makeshift greenhouse playing twister. No cute colored dots to aim for, just feet, knees, hands and elbows trying to aim between tiny rows of garlic and basil while twisted around tomato cages. When I came in I told Grampa Tom we needed to play twister 2 or 3 times a week all winter so we would be in shape for garden season. 


This picture is of the lemon boy tomato plant that I had inside all winter. It looks kind of rough, but there are at least a couple dozen blooms on it and if you look really carefully behind the middle cage wire there, you can see a very ripe lemon boy tomato. It is almost red! I brought it in. We will have it for supper tonight. 

The markets start in less than a month! Burlington starts on May 3rd and I plan to start in Nauvoo the following day if not before. I've got lots of kale, chard and herb that I could cut now. I'm toying with the idea of going in next week for a couple of hours if the weather is decent. Haven't heard anything about when Keokuk starts, but we will probably go ahead and set up there the first Saturday in May if we have enough even if the market isn't officially open. I have arranged my hours at my sleeping around job (elder care) so that I can be at the Saturday market most of the time this year. Not looking forward to those early mornings, but Grampa Tom says he could really use the help there so I'm elected!

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue 



No comments: