Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, April 30, 2012

Look What I Found!

I had planned to blog about my modified straw bale garden beds this evening, but after I got the asparagus bed done tonight, I decided I'd better  dig up the volunteer potatoes that were growing in last year's potato beds. They say you shouldn't grow potatoes in the same place 2 years in a row. Doing that minimizes the risk of disease. Anyway, apparently I hadn't removed all the potatoes from these beds last year. I figured there would just be the plants and maybe the soggy remains of an old potato to pull out, but look at this! 

I left the plants on a couple of potatoes just so I could show you what they looked like coming out of the ground. Aren't they beautiful? I don't have very many, but I think I'll take them to the markets that are starting up this week. Who would think that you could have freshly dug potatoes on April 30th?

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue
 


No comments: