Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Surviving the Cold

My tomatoes made it through the night last night. I wasn't to worried about them last night, but when I woke up at 7:30 this morning and saw that it was still only 28 degrees, I wasn't to sure how they would fare.


The garden that I planted on February 1st finally came up. Some of the stuff I planted didn't come up and what did come up isn't to much ahead of the stuff I planted later. Probably wasn't worth it, but it's not a total bust. 


Here's the February 1st garden.


And here's a similar mound that I planted in March.  Do you see the kale and chard in the background? That's left from last year. I've got two patches of those, and they taste pretty good! 

I was thinking about going into Nauvoo with some of it this week, but Grampa Tom tells me this weekend is the Silex Poultry Expo. I didn't get to go last year and full days on both Friday and Saturday would be just a little to much right now. If I just let things grow, we'll have lots the first week of May. Patience, I must be patient! It's so hard!!!

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue 


No comments: