Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, May 27, 2013

Laundry Soap

Made laundry soap today. I've been using home made laundry soap for years. It is so much cheaper than the store bought variety :) I've tried several different recipes, both liquid and dry. I prefer the dry because it takes up less space in my crowded big trailer and I like this recipe because it includes baking soda which helps with hard water. 

Being Creative does a great job at explaining how to put it all together so I  won't try to reinvent the wheel. Hop on over to http://beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-laundry-soap.html to get all the details. 


I use my handy-dandy little chopper-grinder rather than a grater because it does a better job of chopping up the soap.


And I've decided to ditch the plastic bag part next time. All I ever accomplish with that is tearing up a perfectly good plastic bag. After I get the soap mixed up, I put it into plastic ice cream buckets anyway so I don't see the sense.



God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue





No comments: