Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Sunday, June 12, 2011

Asparagus



I've been wanting to start an asparagus patch for quite some time now. The farmer that I take care of has some growing wild in his road ditches so yesterday, we went out and dug a bit up. I don't know if it will take or not. The roots of these things are awfully deep. I'm not sure I got enough to get a good start. I understand it can take a year or even two for you to see new shoots once tops die. We'll see. I did get a few small spears  to cook for supper!


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: